Greetings from afar... again??

I am quite happy today. Wan & Abu came here for the iftar, though it was a successful last-minute preparation. Hours before, we managed to have our photo taken for the Eid Mubarak Greeting column in our motherland's local press, be it Utusan or Berita Harian. Kudos to everyone, for dressing up nicely, albeit the usual cold weather, which is a clear sign of winter in Dublin. To me, I am delighted to see Baju Melayu & Baju Kurung around, maybe because I want to feel like home for a while...



//See salam perantauan here - I could see my friends at the State! ----> Pacaq (Arizona) and Ajat (Vanderbilt)



Ohh... on this Saturday there would be Ramadhan Bazaar at Malaysia Hall. So everyone's invited, more people, more merrier! And I've heard a rumour saying that TV3 will shoot Eid Mubarak greeting and then it will be on air during 1st day of Syawal. So this is the only chance you'd get to make yourself famous. Everybody in your hometown will talk about you... perhaps the dialogue exactly like these:



"ooOOooo... anaknya si Samad yang kat German masuk tv lahh..."



"Eh! Ini bukan si Jamal ke? Dulu selalu makan maggie same-same, tau tau dah kat USA yek..."





More Than A Name

And I saw this poem in a magazine. Its about Alzheimer's.



I too had a life, filled with laughter and tears.

We made wonderful plans for our later years.

And now here I am, in this of my own.

I'm lost and I'm frightened, and feel all alone.

Because of my illness, I'm no longer the same,

but reach out and touch me.

I'm more than a name.



"More Than A Name" by Jerry Ham (Alzheimer's carer)

No comments: