Selamat Hari Raya Haji

Wukuf pun sudah...

Esok jam 830 pagi, Masjid Negeri Pulau Pinang.

Kali ini beraya di seberang (oversea?). Heh, peperiksaan punya fasal.

...

Hmmm... its been a while. I was really lucky to be there, along with my friend. I hope in near future... I'd come again.

Photobucket
// Bab as-Salam, Masjidil Haram. Behind this photo is the place you take minibuses to go to Tanaim to reach the miqat. Courtesy of Rosman Hawari, July 2004.


// Enjoying Roti Canai back in the room, to get a bit of rest - did 3 umrah that day. Courtesy of Rosman Hawari, July 2004.

By the way, NatGeo made a documentary about Hajj quite yonks ago. It featured how people from all walks of life committed their life to perform hajj. Some went through with much difficulty - read people from Africa (no support from govt), others just cruised in smoothly - read Tabung Haji. But once the whole ritual began, its between you and Allah, of course with quality time.

Okay, here are some memorable moments I am willing to share (there are others but I'd rather keep it for myself):

- I was doing the sai'e, of course reciting the rites off the Tabung Haji's little pocket book. I was a bit focused, hence unaware of what's going on around me. When I raised my head up to see where I am walking to, I realised that I was surrounded by Turkish muslimah group, apparently 'marching' for sai'e full of energy. They read out loud the prayer, often shouting, led by a male maestro ahead of the pack. Guess what? They're reading the whole text. I mean the whole, including all the guides! (numbers etc) eg. Thalatsah! Bismillahirrahmanirrahim... and the prayer goes on. Quite amusing though. Within seconds I just sneaked out and go on with my sai'e. Phew!

- Had a really really minor nosebleed when taking ablution. I hope I could just stop it without bringin up much attention from others. I bet not! More than 10 people came to me to give out the tissues to help out...

- While doing the tawaf, I could see few elderly carried by their son. Old, decrepit, over the muscular hunks. Hmmm... a million ringgit question - Will I do it when the time comes? Or I should just use the 'upah haji'? Islam memang memudahkan, but out of love...

- One thing for sure, here is the best place to cry, because everyone else does. It's free flow! (pun intended)

Now, where's my Tabung Haji account book?

No comments: