I hereby declare that I am broke. Full stop.
Few days back:
We were wondering around while deciding which cafe we should go for the final lunch with Izham. Rakesh opted for Italian. Islah & Izham reckoned that Japanese cuisine is worthful to try. Me? No comment. If I'd say Rupyana (again), surely the laughter will be for hours!
"Yamamori!"
"No... South Street is waaaayy much better!"
"Errr... Yamamori? Why not?"
"C'mon dude! Decide! I'm dying!"
(Drum rolling)
Finally... the tribe has spoken! Yamamori, here we go!
The decision truly has jeopardised my financial equilibrium. ?10 dude! I can't believe I wasted that much. Not that I am so stingy, but since neither my dad or my mom is printing euro notes for a living, I would say it was a cutthroat of my own.
So my dear - next time, spend wisely. The rich man is rich because he got what he had spent, while poor man spend so much with nothing in return.
Today, the moving-out campaign has just begun. Pile of boxes already could be seen in my room, my friend's room, and even at the hostel entrance. Perhaps I was exagerrating too much. Hmmm... I'm yet to complete my packing-up spree, not to mention tasks that were due yesterday! Now it is so true that: Proscrastination x Over-confident = Screw-up. Wow. Another formula to be understood. Must be damn true, to be exact it is a pun to particular people who infected by this disease.
In the afternoon, I engaged myself with some important, not-to-be-disclosed discussion with Umar and Abdullah. Armed with little experience on the issue, I'd say the matter of bringing the agenda to the masses is totally a different basket. Maybe I was a bit pessimistic this time around, but I have to stress out that if not us, whoelse? The bottom line: I believe it could be done, although the gradient is a steep one.
As a reminder for myself, I'd like to quote a hadith narrated by.... argh! The content is more or less like this:
"If you face these two things, just becareful : abundance of ni'mat and your spare time."
Why? There's so many of us have fallen into this trap. *sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment